Raising 2 beautiful kids who despised all tomato based stuff… even ketchup… who doesn’t like Heinz? Fussy children! One day my daughter asked me to make a pizza with all her favorite things… Alfredo sauce… Potatoes… Chicken… Bacon… and tons of cheese! Spud Pie was born… It’s probably one of the best non traditional pizza things you will ever enjoy… though it is a pizza… totally decadent…filling.
I’m not going to cuddle you… “The Directions”… make dough… saute chicken onions garlic… slice potatoes thin and microwave or saute till tender… raw potatoes don’t work on pizza… spread dough… top… bake… easy!
Grab From The Store
- Big jar of Alfredo sauce or make your own!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the cream and butter to a sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the garlic and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Continue whisking until cheese has fully melted and sauce is smooth and creamy.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- Large onion
- Garlic clove
- 3 large potatoes
- 1/2 lb of bacon
- Tons of cheese to your liking
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Season to taste
- Fresh pizza dough down there below
Mix together and let rise:
- 2 Pkg dry yeast
- ½ C Lukewarm water
- 1 Tsp white sugar
Let set 10 minutes, then add mixture to:
- ¾ C Crisco oil
- 1 ½ C Lukewarm water
- 3 tsp Salt
- 3 ¾ C Flour (plus more for rolling)When kneading
Mix, knead, rest and form! Let rise 30 minutes. Can use more flour when rolling out. Bake at 425 for 25 minutes or until done. Makes 3 medium pizzas or 2 extra large. Freezes well.